10 Examples of Conditional Sentences Type 0! A conditional sentence is a sentence containing the main clause and a subordinate clause, usually introduced by the word ‘if’. The subordinate clause usually comes first. In a conditional sentence of type 0, the main clause can be in either the present or future tense, and the subordinate clause is in the present tense.
If I am late for work, my boss will be angry.
If you are cold, you can wear my coat.
The important thing to remember about a conditional sentence of type 0 is that the condition is always possible. That’s why this type of conditional sentence is also sometimes called an ‘open’ condition.
10 Examples of Conditional Sentences Type 0
- If you add sugar to coffee, it tastes sweet.
- If you put your hand in the fire, it burns.
- If you eat too much, you get a stomach ache.
- If you study hard, you’ll pass your exams.
- If traffic is heavy, it takes longer to get home.
- If I don’t set my alarm, I’ll oversleep.
- If you don’t help me, I’ll have to do it myself.
- If you don’t listen to me, you’ll make a big mistake.
- If I’m late, my boss will be angry.
- If you are cold, you can wear my coat.