10 Examples of Past Perfect Tense! The past perfect tense is a verb tense used to talk about actions that happened in the past. It is usually used with the past simple tense to talk about two events that happened in the past, with one event happening before the other.
Here are 10 examples of the past perfect tense:
10 Examples of Past Perfect Tense
- I Had finished my homework before she came home from work.
- He Had eaten breakfast before he went to school.
- We Had gone for a walk before it started raining.
- They Had tidied their room before they went out to play.
- I Had put my jacket on before I left the house.
- He Had shut the door before he went to bed.
- We Had turned off all the lights before we left the office.
- They Had put the cat out before they went to bed.
- I Had locked the car before I went into the house.
- He Had posted the letter before he went to work.