10 Examples of Synonyms! Synonyms are words with the same or similar meanings. They can be helpful when you want to avoid repeating the same word over and over again. Here are ten examples of synonyms and how they can be used in your writing:
10 Examples of Synonyms
- Happy – content, cheerful, delighted, ecstatic, elated, joyous.
- Angry – irate, furious, incensed, outraged, resentful, vexed.
- Large – big, huge, immense, sizable, substantial, vast.
- Smart – intelligent, clever, astute, shrewd, perceptive, sage.
- Run – sprint, jog, gallop, race, hurry, dash.
- Slow – gradual, leisurely, sluggish, poky, tedious.
- Difficult – hard, challenging, tough, demanding
- Early– premature, premature, inopportune, too soon
- Late– tardy, belated, overdue
- Fast– quick, promptly, speedily