10 Infinitive as Subject Examples! In English grammar, an infinitive is the word to plus a verb (e.g., to eat, to drink, to sleep). An infinitive can function as a noun, adjective, or adverb.
When an infinitive is used as the subject of a sentence, it is usually following by a verb in the bare infinitive form (e.g., He likes to eat pizza for breakfast). Here are 10 examples of infinitives used as subjects:
10 Infinitive as Subject Examples
- To err is human.
- To forgive is divine.
- To know me is to love me.
- To live is to learn.
- To travel is to live.
- To be or not to be, that is the question.
- To be happy is my only goal.
- To succeed takes hard work and dedication.
- To give is better than to receive.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.