10 Shall Questions Examples! The shall modal verb is one of the most controversial words in the English language. There are two schools of thought on its usage: those who believe that it should be used only in formal situations, and those who believe that it can be used in both formal and informal situations.
The origins of the word “shall” are actually quite humble. It comes from the Old English word “seal,” which simply meant “will.” Over time, however, the meaning of “shall” has changed quite a bit. In Middle English, “shall” came to mean “owe, must, or ought to.” It wasn’t until the 16th century that “shall” began to be used as a modal verb denoting obligation or future tense.
Here are 10 Questions Examples Using Shall;
10 Shall Questions Examples
- Do you think that we shall be able to achieve our goals?
- What do you think shall happen if we don’t work hard enough?
- How long do you think it shall take us to finish this project?
- Shall we take a break?
- Do you think that I shall be able to meet her?
- What do you think shall happen?
- Do you think that I shall be able to find another job?
- Shall I buy a new car?
- Do you think that I shall be able to get the promotion?
- Shall we meet at eight o’clock?