20 Examples of Gerund Sentences! A gerund is a verb form that functions as a noun. It is derived from a Latin word meaning “to do.” Gerunds are used in English to express actions or states of being.
For example, “He likes swimming” or “She is interested in reading.”
Gerunds can be used as the subject or object of a sentence, and they can be modified by adjectives and adverbs. It typically ends in -ing and can be used as the subject or object of a sentence.
Here are 20 examples of gerund sentences:
20 Examples of Gerund Sentences
- Walking is good exercise.
- Swimming is my favorite hobby.
- Reading helps improve your vocabulary and grammar skills.
- Writing can be therapeutic.
- Drawing is a form of expression.
- Dancing is a great way to relieve stress and have fun at the same time.
- Cooking can be an enjoyable experience, especially when you get to share it with others
- Playing sports is a great way to stay active and healthy.
- Studying is a good way to learn new information and improve your grades.
- Running is good exercise for the body, mind, and soul.
- Volunteering at an animal shelter will make you feel better about yourself.
- Playing a musical instrument is a fun way to express yourself.
- Gardening can be a very relaxing activity for the mind, body, and soul.
- Making art (like painting or drawing) can help you relieve stress and have fun at the same time.
- Dancing is a fun and creative way to express yourself.
- Writing can be a great way to relieve stress and clear your mind.
- Taking pictures is a fun way to express yourself through the use of photography.
- Playing a sport is a fun and healthy way to express yourself.
- Singing can help you relieve stress and express yourself in an uplifting way.
- Playing a musical instrument can be a great creative outlet for kids and adults alike.