The main difference between “Looking forward to talking to you” and “Looking forward to talk to you” is that in the first one ‘to’ is placed before ing form(gerund) and it is grammatically correct. On the other hand, the second one is grammatically incorrect still people use this phrase in general.
I’m looking forward to talking to you
“I’m looking forward to talking to you” means that the speaker is looking forward to having a conversation with the person they are speaking to, or it could mean that the speaker is looking forward to hearing from the person they are speaking to. Either way, it’s a polite way of saying “I hope to hear from you soon.
When to Use
“I’m looking forward to talking to you” is used to express interest in talking to someone. It can be used as a polite way of saying “hello” or as a way of indicating that you would like to talk to someone about something. When used in this way, it is typically followed by a statement about what you would like to talk about.
For many people, this means reconnecting with loved ones they haven’t seen in a while. Whether it’s catching up on old times or discussing what’s been going on in each other’s lives, talking to those we care about is one of the best things about the holidays.
Ways to say “I’m looking forward to talking to you”
- I’m sure we’ll have a lot to discuss.
- I can’t wait to hear about your experiences and share mine with you.
- Talking to new people is one of my favorite things to do, so I know we’ll get along great.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon!
- I want to get to know you better and learn about your life.
- I’m sure we have a lot in common, and I can’t wait to find out what they are.
- I hope you feel the same way about me, and that we can build a strong friendship.
- I think it will be a great opportunity to get to know each other better.
- I’m excited to find out more about your life and what you’re passionate about.
- I’m also looking forward to sharing my experiences with you and hearing about yours.
- I think we can learn a lot from each other, and I can’t wait to start talking!